Anthem IT QA Mgr II - PS4734 in Norfolk, Virginia
/Your Talent. Our Vision./* At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will *drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Quality Assurance Manager Location: Norfolk VA
JOB SUMMARY Quality Assurance Manager will mature the QA organization to align with multiple delivery frameworks and to scale for large volumes of work. This role requires skilled proficiency in both strategic and tactical implementation. The Quality Assurance Manager will provide supervision and technical guidance to the QA Staff in the analysis, design, testing, and deployment for the Anthem Encounters application. The Quality Assurance Manager maintains ultimate responsibility for assuring that software is defect free to reduce the risk of failures in the production environment. Supervisor and Technical Guidance * Provides definition, development and execution of the Encounters Quality Assurance strategy to ensure Anthem is prepared for delivery across multiple frameworks (e.g., waterfall, iterative, Agile). * Directly supervises Quality Assurance Leads, Quality Assurance Engineers, Testers and the Environment Manager; including the preparation and delivery of staff performance evaluations and career development activities. * Manages QA department and overall expectations pertaining to setting accurate schedules, costs and resources. * Ensures delivery against QA department goals and objectives, i.e. meeting commitments and coordinating overall quality assurance schedules. Process Management * Designs testing processes, terminology and artifacts that align with industry standards that can be easily measured by checkpoints and audits. * Develops and manages quality assurance metrics for performance improvement of all QA teams. * Implements ongoing quality improvement processes working with interdepartmental teams. Project Management * Manages the planning and execution for full range testing efforts, including all associated resources to meet committed delivery dates. * Provides effective communication regarding objectives, initiatives, risks and performance to plan. * Works with Project Managers or Scrum Masters to develop project schedules and resource allocation models for Encounters QA related projects or sprints and other activities such as software deployment, integration, and professional services validation. Organizational Liaison * Communicates and drives Encounters QA process and standards across the Encounters organization. * Manages and responds to Software Quality Assurance issues with related groups such as IT Development, Database, Integration and the Business units. Quality Management * Builds test automation strategy and leads execution. * Builds testing regression strategy and leads execution. * Oversees Release Management, Environment Management and Environment Data disciplines to ensure testing is properly prepared for execution. * Assures the viability, functionality and effectiveness of essential tools; while actively seeking new or improved tools that align with Anthem’s architectural roadmap. * Anticipates program release problems and takes corrective action, escalating as needed, to resolve and achieve commitments. * Owns QA Environments and has overall responsibility for confirming testing readiness. * Owns QA reporting fidelity. Deployment and Delivery * Responsible for Quality Assurance internal auditing, reporting on audits and resulting improvement plans. Documentation * Owns and maintains policies, processes, templates and tools documentation for Encounters QA organization.
- Requires a BA/BS in Computer Science, Business Administration, Management Information Systems, or related field; 5 years of experience leading project teams, application software development, maintenance or implementation and support,
- Minimum of 7 years of software quality assurance experience, to include a minimum of 3 years in a lead role or test management position or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with implementation and administration of Software Quality Assurance metrics, such as defect profiles and performance to entry/exit criteria.
- Strong understanding of different software development life cycles (waterfall, iterative and Agile) and contemporary software quality assurance processes and automated tools.
- Ability to communicate, advocate, collaborate and negotiate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to prioritize and thrive in a rapidly changing organization.
- Strong leadership skills that inspire team confidence and respect while motivating team members in a creative and effective manner.
- Must have demonstrable capability in achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and project management.
- Test engineering experience with tool recommendation and implementation is desired
- Experience using Jira and Jira x-ray is desired. /Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2017 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at //antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran./ _ _
Job Information Technology
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Anthem, Inc. will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law. In addition, all personnel actions such as compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, transfers, staff reductions, terminations, reinstatement and rehire, company-sponsored training, education and tuition assistance, and social and recreational programs will be administered in accordance with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Title: IT QA Mgr II - PS4734
Requisition ID: PS4734