Virginia State Government FA085 Director of Administrative Services in Norfolk, Virginia
Norfolk State University’s Department of Facilities Management is seeking applications for the position of Director of Administrative Services. This position provides leadership and manages, through subordinate supervisors and staff, transportation/fleet services, accounting, facilities procurement, mail services and storeroom operations. Reporting directly to the Associate Vice President for Facilities Management, the Director of Administrative Services will:
- Assist the Vice President for Facilities Management with developing, coordinating and finalizing all phases of the departmental budgets, including recoveries and preparation of financial reports.
- Assist with the development of capital outlay budgets and review and process payment requests.
- Manage all Facilities accounting functions including purchasing and computerized inventory control.
- Develop departmental policies and procedures.
- Communicate with other state agencies regarding capital outlay, Department of Highways and Transportation and University departments.
- Provide accurate, timely, actionable analysis and reports to identify emerging issues.
EEO STATEMENT NSU is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons and applicants, without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, political affiliation, genetic information, race, religion, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy) or veteran status. NSU encourages and invites minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Demonstrated knowledge of procurement standards and policies related to Commonwealth of Virginia business management.
- Knowledge and experience of Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience in the Commonwealth’s Compensation Policy.
- Considerable experience and knowledge of operating and capital budget development and monitoring.
- Four or more year’s experience in a similar position of supervisory/leadership with demonstrated growth of responsibilities.
- Considerable experience developing policies and procedures that enhance business operations.
- Considerable experience preparing financial reports.
- Ability to multi-task with excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to all levels within the University.
- Skilled in computers and software programs such as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Valid driver’s license or eligibility to obtain Virginia driver’s License.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in Business Administration, Financial Management, or directly related field.
Norfolk State University conducts background checks on all candidates identified as a finalist for employment consideration at the University. The type of background check(s) performed are dependent upon the type of position for which you have been identified as a finalist and may include: criminal history, including sexual offender registry checks, reference checks, degree validation, DMV (driving) records, license verification, credit report reviews. The results of background checks are made available to University employing officials. You will be required to sign a reference release form.
Norfolk State University utilizes Form I-9 and E-verify in the verification of eligibility for employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants
1.. Candidates may show interest by submitting, in its entirety online, an application and all required application material. 2. Applicant is solely responsible for ensuring application and material thoroughly reflects their knowledge, skills, and abilities, as it relates to the advertised qualifications. 3. A complete application, including all previous employment, salary history, and education, for full consideration, must be received online by 11:59PM of the “Job Close Date.” 4. Applicants who list “see resume” or “see Curriculum Vitae” in lieu of completing the application may miss the opportunity for full consideration. 5. NSU conducts background checks on all candidates identified as finalist for employment. The type of background check(s) performed is dependent upon the type of position for which you have been identified as a finalist, which may include: criminal history, sex offender registry checks, reference checks, degree validation, driving records, license verification, credit history review. The results of background checks are made available to University employing officials. You will be required to sign an Authorization to release form.
Office of Human Resources
Faxed material not accepted
Emailed material not accepted
700 Park Avenue Norfolk, VA 23504
Working Title: FA085 Director of Administrative Services
Role Title: Administrative - Lecturer - 01121
Job Open Date: 05/09/2018
Job Close Date: 05/25/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Is this position funded in whole or in part by the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (Stimulus Package)?: No
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience and credentials(based on starting pay practices)
Agency: Norfolk State University (213)
Agency Website: www.nsu.edu
Location: Norfolk - 710
Position Number: FA085
Job Posting Number: 1037728
Type of Recruitment: General Public - G
Does this position have telework options?: No
Bilingual/Multilingual Skill Requirement/Preference: No
Job Type: Full-Time (Salaried)
Job Type Detail: Salaried Faculty- S-2
Pay Band: UG