Huntington Ingalls Industries ENGINEER SOFTWARE QUALITY 3 in Newport News, Virginia
ENGINEER SOFTWARE QUALITY 3
T52: Tech Business Manage
External Job Description:
At NNS you will join a talented team of IT professionals that are creating innovative technological solutions to support and enhance product development that will change the way our people work every day. We are seeking experienced IT software quality engineers to support our application's software testing efforts and help us scale our software team.
The job duties include:
• Collaborate with project teams to develop system level testing strategy
• Developing new automated testing and continuous integration systems
• Helping to develop testing strategy using open source tools, in house technologies, and purpose built tools
• Interface with both internal and external customers to recreate, diagnose, and help resolve issues
• Learn new technologies as needed to build tools and improve efficiency and productivity
• Help us scale our development team by identifying tools to improve our QA and development efforts
• Work with other systems engineers to develop and execute test plans
• Support and extend existing validation frameworks
• Design, research and implement code analysis, complexity analysis and validation tools
• Read and understand application code, identify areas of weakness
• Identify bugs in new and existing code, determine root causes, and suggest possible bug fixes
Develops, modifies, applies, and maintains standards for software quality operating methods, processes, systems and procedures. Conducts software inspection, testing, verification and validation. Implements software development and maintenance processes and methods. Ensures measures meet acceptable reliability standards. Develops overall operating criteria to ensure implementation of the software quality program according to project, process and contract requirements and objectives. Ensures that project and process control documentation are compliant with requirements, objectives and/or contract. Reviews software design, change specifications, and plans against contractual and/or process requirements. Reviews include applicable specifications, materials, tools, techniques, and methodologies. Performs or directs verification of software requirement allocations, traceability, and testability.
Auto req ID:
Software Quality Engineer 3
5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
NN SHIPBUILDING (0265)
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News Shipbuilding and Ingalls Shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Integrated Missions Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs nearly 37,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
No relocation assistance available
Newport News-Virginia-United States
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.
• 3+ years of relevant experience in quality assurance or software engineering
• Hands on experience building automated test frameworks from scratch
• Experience with continuous integration and build systems
• Ability to scope features, develop test plans, and execute against the test plans
• Excellent communication skills are a must
• SOX experience is a major plus.
• Working knowledge or significant exposure to different programming languages and paradigms
• Ability to work with minimal supervision to achieve your goals