SMG Receptionist/Event Coordinator in Hampton, Virginia
Under general supervision, coordinates and provides professional administrative support to the event and sales managers, retrieves console messages from voice mail and forward to appropriate personnel, and functions as manager on duty within the Hampton Roads Convention Center, during evening and weekend hours. Acts as a liaison between the Event Services and Operations Departments, ensuring all client requirements, facility policies, and best practices are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Offers administrative assistance to the Sales and Event Services Department, with responsibilities including, but not limited to, clerical assistance, sales kit assembly, and collateral inventory.
- Assist Senior Sales Manager with completing the client lead forms.
- Creates and prints fax cover sheets, memo, correspondence, reports and other documents when necessary.
- Receives sorts and routes mail, and maintains and routes publications.
- Functions as manager on duty during evening and weekend event hours.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date information on each event, keeping the Sr. Manager and Event Managers informed of adjustments and revisions.
- Assists Event Manager with checking room set-ups, changeovers and deadlines, to meet the requirements of contractual agreements within the constraints of safety, health, and fire code standards.
- Assists Operations Manager by communicating cleaning and set up issues during events, to on-duty Operations Supervisors.
- Functions as liaison with Embassy Suites Catering to address event-related issues.
- Attends appropriate planning, organization, and other event and facility related meetings.
- Assists sales managers with site visits.
- Assists covering reception and main entrance podium when requested.
- Maintains effective communication and working relationships with employees, clients, exhibitors, customers, and others encountered during the course of employment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four (4) year college or university.
- Two (2) years related experience and/or training.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of the principles of facility management, services and equipment for a similar facility.
- Excellent organizational, planning and interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Demonstrate problem-solving and communication skills.
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic.
- Ability to work under limited supervision and to interact with all levels of staff including management.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Paula Scippio Hampton Roads Convention Center -- Managed by SMG 1610 Coliseum Drive Hampton, VA 23666
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 610-729-1023.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled