Flowserve Corporation Manufacturing Engineer in Chesapeake, Virginia
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Position has the assignment under the direction of the Manufacturing Engineering Supervisor to lead the efforts in developing, improving and qualifying manufacturing processes for current products and introduction of new products in an assembly and machine shop environment.
Qualified Candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Provide day to day support of machine shop and assembly operations.
• Maintain item routings and process rates.
• Develop manufacturing work instructions that include specific sequencing with process and inspection requirements.
• Design process tooling and fixtures.
• Provide training as required to manufacturing personnel.
• Lead efforts in conducting root cause analysis and corrective actions for quality escapes.
• Lead continuous improvement activities that improve productivity, quality, safety and inventory.
• Identify, justify and implement capital expenditure projects.
• Interface across internal company disciplines and departments as well as customer and suppliers.
• Perform manpower efficiency and assembly line capacity studies, through time and motion studies, or standard data to ensure effective balancing of manpower and machine tools.
• Support VA/VE and new product development initiatives on manufacturability of product design.
• Perform make/buy analysis and conduct cycle time estimates.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering or Engineering Technology
• Strong knowledge of continuous improvement, problem-solving, and manufacturing principles utilizing Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies.
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to prioritize, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
• Must possess strong mechanical aptitude, ability to use precision measuring tools, and hands-on capabilities to work on projects without supervision.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Auto Cad and Inventor
Prior experience preferred
• Experience with rotating equipment - especially pumps
• Experience with industrial assembly, coating, and testing operations.
• Design experience with process tooling and fixtures.
• Experience Identifying, justifying and implementing capital expenditure projects.
• CNC programming experience (Haas, Fanuc, Mazak)
• Familiarity with Mastercam software
• Oracle MRP/ERP system experience
• Industrial electronics and applications experience (industrial controls, PLC programming)
• Labview experience
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Primary Posting Location:
Chesapeake, Virginia US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
United States of America
Auto req ID: