Virginia State Government 20008 - Administrator on Duty (part-time) in Williamsburg, Virginia
Hourly – No Benefits
Eastern State Hospital, located in Williamsburg, Virginia, was founded in 1773, with a well-intentional emphasis on community focused mental health care. This state of the art campus, situated on 500 acres, consists of two patient care buildings with 300 patients, and a highly skilled staff of over 900. Eastern State Hospital is part of the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS) system, and is accredited by the Joint Commission.
ESH invites applications for the position of an Administrator on Duty Reporting directly to the Program Administration Manager II, duties and responsibilities consist of the following:
- Provides management to assigned units including supervision and coordination of organized nursing services and the environment in which clinical nursing is practiced and the delivery of quality patient care.
- Assures the implementation, maintenance, maintenance and evaluation of policies, programs and services consistent with regulatory standards.
- Ensures that staff is assigned appropriately, are on assigned units and providing patient care using established policies, procedures and standards by the governing organization.
- Assess staffing needs and adjust/reassign staff when necessary due to shortages or coverage’s.
- Reports any pertinent observation, incidents, etc. to the Program Manager / CNE as well as shares the information with the unit RNC.
- Completes written summary of patient care issues, significant staff issues and any other important events for the Program Manager / CNE at the end of the shift.
- Submits reports on any suspected patient abuse allegation to the Hospital Director’s Office.
- Performs as the Administrator on Duty in the absence of the Hospital Director / Chief Nurse Executive after hours, weekends and holidays.
- Makes rounds in buildings.
- Communicates information and collaborates with Hospital Management and other disciplines for effective services to the patients.
- Provides assistance to the Nursing staff and other disciplines with clinical decisions as needed.
Shift – Evenings, Nights, Weekends and Holidays.
* Eastern State Hospital is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and prohibits discrimination of applicants and employees without regard to race, gender (including sexual harassment, sexual orientation, gender identity and pregnancy), color, national origin, religion, age, veteran’s status, political affiliation, or disability.*
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS 1. Registered nursing licensure or eligible for licensure in the Commonwealth of Virginia. 2. Prior Leadership Experience. 3. Strong effective interpersonal communication skills, professional appearance / approach. 4. Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care utilizing knowledge of pharmacology, psychiatric and physical disorders, and cultural needs of the psychiatric patient. 5. Strong clinical knowledge 6. Ability to delegate, supervise, evaluate and problem solve, counsel and lead a positive work force. 7. Demonstrates effective leadership skills of delegation, organization, teamwork and forward thinking.
- Advanced psychiatric experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
Offers of employment are contingent upon passing the background check (Virginia State Police and FBI) and the drug screen test.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Eastern State Hospital is a Tobacco-Free Facility.
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
FAXED APPLICATION MATERIAL IS NOT ACCEPTED.
Eastern State Hospital Human Resource Department 4601 Ironbound Road Williamsburg, VA 23188-2652
Working Title: 20008 - Administrator on Duty (part-time)
Role Title: Registered Nurse Manager I - 49115
Job Open Date: 07/14/2017
Job Close Date: 07/27/2017
Open Until Filled: No
Is this position funded in whole or in part by the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (Stimulus Package)?: No
Hiring Range: $30.61 - $35.54 / hr
Agency: Eastern State Hospital (704)
Agency Website: Click Here for Agency Website
Location: Williamsburg - 830
Position Number: 20008
Job Posting Number: 1026624
Type of Recruitment: General Public - G
Does this position have telework options?: No
Bilingual/Multilingual Skill Requirement/Preference: No
Job Type: Hourly/Wage
Job Type Detail: Wage Non-Faculty- W-1
Pay Band: 05