Virginia State Government 00600 - Certified Nurse Assistant in Williamsburg, Virginia
Eastern State Hospital, located in Williamsburg, Virginia, was founded in 1773, with a well-intentional emphasis on community focused mental health care. This state of the art campus, situated on 500 acres, consists of two patient care buildings with 300 patients, and a highly skilled staff of over 900. Eastern State Hospital is part of the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS) system, and is accredited by the Joint Commission. ESH invites applications for the position of a Certified Nurse Assistant.
Reporting directly to the LPN, RNI, RN II, RN Manager I, or Administrator, duties and responsibilities consist of the following: 1. Provide assistance in accordance with selected self-care concepts, as needed (e.g. bathing, oral hygiene, hair and nail care, shaving, toileting, eating, etc.) 2. Observe and Report Patient Care Data. 3. Assist in identification and provision of patient and family education needs relative to patient care. 4. Document observations / interventions per guidelines. 5. Maintain a recovery-oriented stance in the milieu, to include patients in recreational activities; and seeking to employer patients in making choices that support their own recovery goals. 6. Treatment Planning 7. Promote patient socialization, self-care and development utilizing treatment team plan to guide/direct, recognizing and using patient strengths to motivate patients. 8. Assist in evaluating nursing services on assigned unit.
* Eastern State Hospital is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and prohibits discrimination of applicants and employees without regard to race, gender (including sexual harassment, sexual orientation, gender identity and pregnancy), color, national origin, religion, age, veteran’s status, political affiliation, or disability.*
- Demonstrated ability to lift, un-assisted, weights greater than 50 pounds, using proper lifting techniques.
- Must have High school graduate or GED or equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays, as necessary.
- Valid, unexpired Virginia Certified Nurse Assistant licensure.
- Experience caring for individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities.
Offers of employment are contingent upon passing the background check (Virginia State Police and FBI) and the drug screen test.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Eastern State Hospital is a Tobacco-Free Facility.
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCE
FAXED APPLICATION MATERIAL NOT ACCEPTED.
Eastern State Hospital Human Resource Department 4601 Ironbound Road Williamsburg, VA 23188-2652
Working Title: 00600 - Certified Nurse Assistant
Role Title: Direct Service Associate II - 49052
Job Open Date: 07/14/2017
Job Close Date: 07/27/2017
Open Until Filled: No
Is this position funded in whole or in part by the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (Stimulus Package)?: No
Hiring Range: $22,225 - $30,000
Agency: Eastern State Hospital (704)
Agency Website: Click Here for Agency Website
Location: Williamsburg - 830
Position Number: 00600
Job Posting Number: 1026950
Type of Recruitment: General Public - G
Does this position have telework options?: No
Bilingual/Multilingual Skill Requirement/Preference: No
Job Type: Full-Time (Salaried)
Job Type Detail: Full-Time Salaried - Non-Faculty- FTS-1
Pay Band: 02