ManTech RF Systems Electrical Engineer in Virginia Beach, Virginia
Become an integral part of a dynamic team that leads the world in Mission Solutions and Services Group. At ManTech International Corporation, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The RF Engineer will be a team member that provides support to The U.S. Coast Guard Command, Control, and Communications Engineering Center (C3CEN) Interference (EMI) and Radiation Hazard (RADHAZ) program for USCG assets.
The RF engineer will:
• Prepare engineering test plans, outline test methods, including required test equipment, and anticipated sequence of testing.
• Conduct tests as per test plan.
• Analyze test data and develop solution(s) for proper EMC aboard designated cutters and shore stations.
• Prepare engineering reports including preliminary observations, data from initial tests, data analysis including any applicable screenshots or data output from test equipment, discussions of proposed solutions, test results of abatement efforts, comparisons of the baseline data with post abatement data, and additional recommendations.
• Develop HERP / HERO / HERF Tables based upon surveys. Update drawings as appropriate to reflect any noted changes.
• Assist to correct EMI problems or provide an EMI discovery survey of reported problems by USCG surface or shore units via CSD Trouble ticket, and as directed by the COR/ACOR. Respond within 48 hours of notification. Preparetrip report shall be submitted within thirty days for each one of the technical assistance visits.
• The RF engineer will conduct site surveys of prototype installation as authorized by the COR.
• The Contractor will observe any interference. Interview the crew as necessary.
• The Contractor will conduct any testing of prototype as per test plan or outside of test plan should it be deemed necessary.
A strong knowledge of Electromagnetic interference and Radiation Hazard surveys is a significant plus. Others with less knowledge will be considered.
Engineering activities support both domestic and international products/services.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
07-09 years w/Bachelors Degree
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.