Coastal Hospitality Associates, LLC Fairfield Inn & Suites - Maintenance Engineer (Full-Time) in Virginia Beach, Virginia
Fairfield Inn & Suites - Maintenance Engineer (Full-Time)
A Maintenance Engineer will assist in maintaining the condition of the hotel property to Brand standards by completing repairs and providing general building maintenance.
- Performs repairs listed on work orders and maintains the work orders as a record of work completed. Tracks and records repairs. Makes repairs in a timely and professional manner.
- Performs preventative maintenance and other tasks as assigned.
- Performs scheduled maintenance inspections and repairs as directed in the maintenance manual.
- Picks up loose trash and debris, empties all trash containers daily, or as needed.
- Maintains cleanliness of storage areas, furniture storeroom, maintenance room, boiler room and flammable storage container.
- Adjusts controls on mechanical systems to meet required Company standards.
- Removes, cleans, replaces and maintains unit air conditioners, televisions, telephones, and similar equipment.
- Ensures fire safety equipment (fire alarm system, smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, etc.) are operational and that inspections are current, and forwards inspection reports to General Manager.
- Ensures that all maintenance tools are in good working condition and stored neatly and securely in the maintenance room. Maintains monthly tool inventory records.
- Complies with all OSHA, ADA and other safety and security policies.
- Offers guest assistance as needed
- Candidates for this position must be able to: stand and walk for a full shift; walk up and down stairs; bend, stoop and reach overhead; push and pull up to 250lbs and lift up to 75lbs.
- Candidates must have good working knowledge of: plumbing, electrical and A/C repairs.
- Ability to perform basic maintenance tasks
- Previous hotel experience
- High school graduate or equivalent vocational training.
- Certification or completion of seminars for specialized training.
This job description is not intended to provide a complete and comprehensive list of all job duties, requirements and responsibilities. Instead, it is provided as a general overview of the expectations for the position.
Candidates for this position must be able to: stand and walk for a full shift; walk up and down stairs; bend, stoop and reach overhead; push and pull up to 250lbs and lift up to 75lbs.
Candidates must be available to work 3:00pm-11:00pm to include weekends and holidays. Some day shifts may be available and necessary some weeks.