Crowder Constructors Inc Electrical Superintendent - Water & Wastewater in Virginia Beach, Virginia
Since 1947, Crowder has built a legacy of success in the construction industry. We work throughout the Southeast on heavy construction infrastructure projects ranging from bridges, dams, water and waste water treatment facilities, power plants and other energy facilities. We are a general contractor who self performs civil, electrical and mechanical trades on both traditional and more complex alternative delivery projects.
As a family-owned company, it is the spirit of not only doing the right things, but doing things the right way that is the true legacy of our founders and our people. Crowder is Building America and Proud of It® as reflected in our Mission Statement:
We are dedicated to superior performance and committed to making a positive difference for our clients, for our communities, and in the lives of our employees.
If you are looking for a career, not just a job, with a company committed to your future, apply today.
CROWDER IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY (EOE) AFFIRMATIVE ACTION (AA) EMPLOYER
Qualified Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Crowder is a Drug Free Workplace and E-Verify Employer
REQUIREMENTS: ALL Applicants must be:
- 18 years of Age
- Able to Pass a Drug Test
- Legally Eligible to Work in the US
- Additional Requirements for Craftworkers:
- Must have own transportation to and from jobsite every work day (driver's license not required)
- Must provide own hand tools (excluding power tools)
- May be expected to travel where the project requires (multi-state opportunities)
Primary function of an Electrical Superintendent:
Responsible for all facets of electrical construction on small or large projects including manpower assessment and hiring, assisting in material take-off, procurement of materials, schedule development and management, and assisting in cost control management with the Division office. Responsible for rental equipment management, co-ordination of subcontractors, implementation of the Safety and Quality Assurance/Quality Control programs. Smaller jobs may or may not include subordinate managers, so hands-on work may be required.
Typical Duties including but not limited to:
Site Safety Implementation and Management
- Coordinate and monitor craft compliance with all safety requirements (OSHA, state, local, client, and Crowder). Document and ensure implementation of corrective measures.
- Examine and inspect all work areas and equipment used to verify compliance with the site safety program, pre-construction Job Safety Analysis reports, and Pre-task Planning sheets posted for each area of construction.
- Immediately address all safety issues observed and brought to your attention by anyone.
- Read, review, study, and implement Crowder Construction Company’s Safety Procedure Manual.
- Ensure Safety Meetings are held on a weekly basis.
Planning, Scheduling, and Coordinating Work
- Participate in the estimating hand-off meeting if requested.
- Participate in project storyboard planning sessions and assist in the development and implementation of the critical path schedule. This planning includes, but is not limited to, methods of construction, job safety analysis planning, material procurement schedules, rental equipment requirements and scheduling, subcontractor review and scheduling, site material and logistics strategy, and manloading the schedule to meet the project requirements.
- Sign-off on the overall project schedule when completed.
- Implement the overall project schedule with all direct reports including daily follow-ups, weekly reporting, and development of three week look-ahead schedules.
- Manage all phases of the overall project schedule with the Owner, engineers, subcontractors, vendors and staff.
- Procure staff, implement schedule, and supervise craft foremen and craft activities. Monitoring and insure all staff on project teams are installing work in compliance with all project and owner specifications. Monitor and manage manloading requirements of the project in direct relationship with overall project schedules and requirements.
- Responsible for availability all of the necessary equipment, tools, and materials per project documents to complete as scheduled.
- Participate in all construction meetings with the Owner, architect, and engineering teams.
- Confer with and direct supervisory personnel and subcontractors in reviewing project status to monitor compliance with specifications of work installation and schedule updates to align project status to the overall construction schedule.
- Order procurement of tools and materials for delivery at specified times to meet work schedules.
- Maintain an effective inventory control procedure for all materials and tools.
- Maintain communication with other departments (including safety, materials control, purchasing, QA/QC, and engineering) to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspection, etc., are available to support craft activities and project schedule.
- Interpret and understand all subcontracts and scope of work to be performed.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Supervising the Crew
- Assign work to crews and coordinate with each to eliminate interfere with other work activities, including owner representatives and inspectors.
- May direct workers concerned with major maintenance projects for existing structures.
- Show understanding of, and commitment to, Crowder Construction Company’s EEO and affirmative action policies in all phases of employment.
- Initiate personnel actions including promotions, transfers, hires, praises, and discipline as necessary.
- Handle employee concerns and complaints, conflicts, and performance concerns.
Quality and Production
- Immediately address any quality or production issues.
- Resolve construction problems (including design, lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as needed in assigned tasks.
- Inspect work in progress to ensure workmanship matches specifications and construction schedules are met.
- Maintain a high level of professional ethics and demand the same of all employees.
- Complete Daily Superintendent Reports, review and sign all foremen time sheets, complete new hire application packages, and maintain equipment logs, labor reports, and receiving reports.
- Understand the budget process; maintain labor and equipment costs within the budget.
- Maintain all project documentation and schedules for assigned task.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, & Experience:
- Minimum of five years’ combined experience required in electrical construction including supervision, technology, methods, equipment, tools, and work procedures.
- Leadership and communication skills are essential.
- Electrical construction experience with electrical solar (5 MW or above) or WTP/WWTP contract(s) of $3 million or above.
- Must maintain a valid, non-restrictive driver’s license.
- Knowledge of:
- layout and installation of conduit and cable tray systems,
- wire and cable handling and installation,
- SCADA/PLC systems,
- motor controls and instrumentation,
- working knowledge of NEC.
At the heart of Crowder’s Mission Statement is the commitment to “make a positive difference in the lives of our employees.” Our comprehensive benefits package is custom-designed to achieve that goal through access to the following benefits:
- Health Plans, including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program with Incentives
- 401k Savings and Profit Sharing Plan with Matching Contributions
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Hospital Indemnity and Critical Illness
- Company Paid Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Crowder YOUniversity Career-Based Training
- Educational Assistance
- Direct Deposit
Benefits may vary based on position and length of employment