Coastal Hospitality Associates, LLC Corporate Human Resources Generalist - Full Time in Virginia Beach, Virginia
Corporate Human Resources Generalist
Coastal Hospitality's Corporate Office is seeking an experienced Human Resource professional to assist with benefits administration and administrative support to the Corporate VP of Human Resources. This position also provides daily HR support for two select service hotels on the oceanfront.
Who will this job appeal to?
The Corporate Human Resources Generalist provides administrative support and assistance to the VP HR on a variety of Human Resources related activities to include: recruiting, employment and benefits administration. The Corporate HR Generalist is responsible for overseeing the HR function for the Fairfield Inn and Suites and the Holiday Inn Express Nags Head, NC in partnership with the respective GM’s and VP of HR.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Providing assistance with the recruiting process to include: maintaining job postings; screening and routing candidates for interviews; conducting reference checks and background investigations; coordinating onboarding of new hires; and assisting with job fairs. The HR Generalist will also assist with managing the J-1 Summer/Work/Travel seasonal hiring program for two properties and coordinate cultural assimilation events with the hotels.
- The Corporate HR Generalist will visit with properties assigned as needed, interacting with hourly staff, supporting the management team and provide assistance with unemployment claims, performance review cycle, progressive discipline and assist with development training initiatives.
- Assisting with benefit administration: coordinating annual enrollment activities; working with associates and benefit broker on benefit discrepancies; verifying benefit enrollment reports; providing requested information to benefit vendors; assist in tracking and coordinating Leaves under FMLA; and provide general information on benefit programs to associates.
- Providing administrative support such as: maintaining files and employment records; creating and distributing memos, letters, and various communication items; scheduling meetings; researching various HR related matters; and assisting with data input into HRIS, ATS and Benefit Systems.
- Benefits Administration__
- Collaborative and communicate with GM and hiring managers on recruiting efforts
- Coach supervisors/managers on Employment issues
- Succession Planning
To be considered a candidate for the Corporate Human Resources Generalist position, you must possess the following minimum qualifications:
- At least 1 year of progressive experience human resources or HR experience in hospitality or related industry
- College course work in hospitality management and/or Human Resources
- One year of administrative work experience in Human Resources to include a basic understanding of Human Resources topics (recruiting processes, benefit administration, FMLA, etc.)
- Previous hospitality work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications, ATS and HRIS systems
- Benefits administration experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, ability to work independently with excellent organizational skills.
We are not able to sponsor candidates for employment. All candidates must have proper authorization to work in the USA.