Northrop Grumman Military Trainer 2, Maritime Functional Planner and Model Operator in Suffolk, Virginia
Military Trainer 2, Maritime Functional Planner and Model Operator
Requisition ID: 17009441
Location(s): United States-Virginia-Suffolk
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Provides consulting expertise to military or defense clients in the development and evaluation of military training and doctrine. May have specialized expertise in planning and executing some or all phases of military training exercises, including doctrinal development, scenario development, and after action review and analysis.
Serves as a Maritime threat planner supporting the conceptualization, development, and execution of computer-assisted joint exercises and mission rehearsals for DDJ7 supported events. Develop and maintain proficiency as a simulation model operator and become a subject matter expert on simulations used for DDJ7 training events. Current simulations include the Air Warfare Simulation (AWSIM), Joint Conflict and Tactical Simulation (JCATS), Joint Semi-Automated Forces (JSAF), Joint Theater Level Simulation (JTLS), JCATS Low Overhead Driver (JLOD), and Low Overhead Training System (LOTS). Duties include planning threat, opposing force, and situation force concepts of operations to include appropriate annexes such as Fires, Air Defense, Surface and Sub-Surface operations, Offensive and Counter-Air operations, Space and EW, Commercial Shipping, etc. Identify functional manning and simulation workstation requirements to support joint events. Conduct research on potential adversarial nation states, non-state actors and other organizations posing a possible threat to US and coalition partners. Understand tactics, techniques, and procedures and how to control opposing and situational forces in automated simulation tools in order to create the adversarial environment within which training is conducted. Prepare instructions (POI) and conduct training on simulation models. Support simulation model functional event tests.
• Bachelor’s Degree with 3 years experience OR 7 years experience in lieu of degree.
• Have a minimum of 6-13 years’ experience as a commissioned officer, senior non-commissioned officer.
• Be knowledgeable in maritime military organizations, operations, and training; be knowledgeable in joint military organizations, operations, and training.
• Have experience in exercise design and planning (Joint Exercise Life Cycle)
• Understand how simulations are used to support training and be able to explain simulation capabilities and limitations to senior military and civilian personnel.
• Be able to convert operational guidance into tactical level activity exhibited in simulation tools to create the environment within which training is conducted.
• Develop functional plans; execute, evaluate, and adjust them with little or no supervision.
• Be knowledgeable of the Universal Joint Task List (UJTL) and derived training objectives in order to stimulate the training audience to accomplish them.
• Be able to travel to support worldwide training events.
• Possess a Secret level security clearance; be eligible for TS/SCI access.
• Have Microsoft Office skills and excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Joint Staff experience.
• Experience as a former instructor
Graduate of an Intermediate Service School desired.
• Squadron/Battle Group/Expeditionary Group experience.
• Possess a Top Secret level security clearance; eligible for SCI access.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Military Trainer 2, Maritime Functional Planner and Model Operator
Requisition ID: 17009441