Leidos Software Systems Engineer in NORFOLK, Virginia
Leidos has an opening for a Software Systems Engineer in support of the DCGS-N systems engineering efforts in Norfolk, VA.
Seeking a Software Systems Engineer to support the Distributed Common Ground System, Navy (DCGS-N) Family of Systems (FoS) which includes DCGS-N INC 1 Block 1, DCGS-N INC 1 Block 2, the DCGS-N Enterprise Node (DEN), the Joint Concentrator Architecture (JCA) and the Intelligence Carry On Program (ICOP) and systems in development. DCGS-N is the Navy's premier Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) processing system. The successful applicant will be a major contributor to intelligence software integration and testing in PMW-120's System Engineering Division. The position will involve extensive application configuration and candidates should possess an administrator-level understanding of n-tier Enterprise applications (db, app server, and client) architecture/management as well as the capacity to follow detailed installation procedures.
Work as a "generalist" on a team responsible for development and integration of current and future DCGS-N system builds. Defining DCGS-N baselines and versioning; initiating and conducting studies that examine upgrades and changes to the DCGS-N system; initiating and conducting Enterprise Change Requests (ECRs) documenting a needed change to the system; and providing support to the testing and life cycle activities required to sustain the system.
• Bachelor's Degree in related field and 6+ years of overall related IT experience. Additional years of experience can be considered in lieu of degree.
• Ability to travel 25% including possible underway periods onboard U.S. Navy ships.
• Minimum of IAT II Certifications to meet DoD 8570.1M compliance: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Security+ and CompTIA Server+/and accreditation in Windows, Unix, Linux or Solaris operating systems
• Experience/training with Blade Servers
• Experience/training with VMware
• Experience/training in a Solaris, Windows PC and Windows Server 2008 environment.
• Active Top Secret clearance with ability to be approved to a TS/SCI clearance
• Experience with Oracle Blade Servers/CT900, IBM Blade Center and Blades, Oracle T-4 servers, Dell Windows Servers, NetApp Storage solutions.
• Experience in a Solaris 10/11, MS Windows XP/7, Windows Server 2003/2008 R2, VMWare (vCenter, vSphere, ESXi), MS Hyper-V.
• Previous experience with Java/J2EE, Oracle and COMPOSE/ISNS/CANES Environment.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment with other highly skilled individuals.
• Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance or Distributed Common Ground Station background.
• Basic networking experience and Intel operations (IPL/iSToRE, CGS, JMPS, CVIC systems).
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.