Anthem Senior Java Application Developer - 127703 in Norfolk, Virginia
/Your Talent. Our Vision./* At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will *drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Internal Position Title: Developer Advisor Location: Norfolk, VA
Opportunity for a full stack developer who will be responsible for participating in all phases of the development and maintenance life cycle in the Digital Technologies organization, specifically within the GBD (Government Business Division) Member Portal team.
*Primary responsibilities include: *
* Collaborating with peers, reviewing complex change and enhancement requests.
* Evaluating potential changes and enhancements for objectives, scope and impact.
* Taking a proactive approach to development work, leading peers and partners to strategic technical solutions in a complex IT environment. * Documenting technical or systems design based on requirements or objectives. * Developing and maintaining complex components of information systems. * Mentoring peers on coding standards, patterns and strategy. * Guiding the team on best practices in Java as well as performing technical design and code reviews. * Creating and performing unit tests, as well as resolving and retesting any defects identified. * Building and maintaining active relationships with customers to determine business requirements. * Partnering with other IT teams during integration activities to facilitate successful implementations
* Participating in on-call application support and responding to application issues when identified. * Communicating effectively with technical peers in a clear manner, while also being able to articulate complex solutions in ways non-technical business partners can understand. * Ensuring unit testing is completed and meets the test plan requirements, system testing is completed and system is implemented according to plan. * Facilitating group sessions to elicit complex information on requirements clarification, design sessions, code reviews and troubleshooting issues.
Requires the following technical skills and experience to be considered: * BA/BS degree or technical institute training * Strong effective communication skills, both written and verbal * 5 years’ experience in design and development of multi-tier web based applications using J2EE technologies JAVA, Servlets, JSP, Oracle, MySQL and JDBC. * 5 years’ experience in the implementation of Core concepts of Java, J2EETechnologies: JSP, Servlets, JSTL, JMS, Struts, Spring, Hibernate, EJB, Java Beans, JDBC, XML, Web Services, JNDI * 3 years’ experience developing and consuming REST APIs and SOAP services * Experience with ANT & Maven * Experience with Code Coverage and profiling/performance tuning as well as troubleshooting * Experience using WebSphere Application Server * Experience using relational databases (Oracle, DB2, SQLServer, etc.) * Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture
The most successful candidates will also have experience in the following:
- SiteMinder, LDAP authentication
- Git, Stash, Bamboo
- Test Driven Development, writing unit test cases /Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2016 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran./
Job Information Technology
Title: Senior Java Application Developer - 127703
Requisition ID: 127703