Insignia Technology Services SCRUM Master in Newport News, Virginia
Insignia Technology Services is seeking a SCRUM Master in support of a contract with the Department of Veterans Affairs. The Lead Scrum Master provides leadership, project management, and technical direction for one or more information technology service or product delivery projects leading cross-functional groups of personnel. The Lead Scrum Master must have significant experience implementing Agile/Scrum practices in support of IT development efforts and providing performance and status metrics to executive leadership. The candidate must be familiar with established Agile/Scrum performance metrics with the ability to tailor custom reports and dashboards for project management and executive tracking.
Full Time Position
- Drives integrated teams to deliver technology solutions in support of key product initiatives by working closely with product owners, architects, engineers, and quality assurance engineers
- Works within and across business units to prioritize, plan, and execute the development schedule for major product releases
- Manages and tracks team in relation to the plan and published progress reports, burn down and velocity charts
- Assigns development resources to activities and monitors performance across resource channels
- Maintains dependency plan between planned sprints across engineering, infrastructure, and third-parties
- Manages and appropriately escalates delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes tied to the product development initiatives
- Ensures deliverables across engineering teams are high quality and clearly documented
- Conducts daily stand-ups and retrospectives at the end of each sprint, and ensures that the team is continuously learning from the past
- Work with technical leads to monitor status of requirements through requirements elaboration, design, implementation and internal testing.
- Work with Program Manager(s) and Program Management Office (PMO) to monitor integrated schedule of deployments, sustainment releases, to coordinate and de-conflict resources.
- 2+ years of Scrum Master experience
- 2+ years of Project Management experience to include project planning, scheduling, tracking and reporting
- Thorough understanding of and extensive experience using Microsoft Project
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio) required
- Experience with Rational Tools (Rational Team Concert, Rational DOORS, Rational Quality Manager)
- Expertise in business process design, systems architecture and system implementations preferred
- Experience with change management, project risk mitigation, and issue management
- Advanced presentation, organization and facilitation skills
- Leadership/Management: communication, change management, technology, and general business analysis, negotiation and influence management skills
- Understanding of the technology architecture and infrastructure for IT solutions
- Ability to work within a virtual team environment, including virtual resource management
- Must have experience managing software development, integration, or enhancements projects
- Previous experience leading geographically distributed teams
- Experience leading projects in broad areas of design, development, automation tools, performance tests, identifying and implementing best practices and standards and building of overall foundation architecture.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) desired - must obtain withing 90 days of start date
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent, OR Combination of Education, Certification/s and Experience to meet the job duties, and at the discretion of the Program Manager.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust, 5 yr. BI clearance
- Must be a US Citizen
- 610 Thimble Shoals Blvd, Bld 6, Newport News, VA 23606
Honorably discharged US Military Veterans are encouraged to apply
Insignia Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Position: SCRUM Master (Job ID:1111)
Location: Newport News, VA
Job Id: 1111
# of Openings: 2