Huntington Ingalls Industries ORG DEVELOPMENT REP 2 in Newport News, Virginia
ORG DEVELOPMENT REP 2
O25: Leadership Developme
External Job Description:
Newport News Shipbuilding, a division of Huntington Ingalls, has an opportunity in the Leadership Development Department for a tech savvy Training Developer.
Performs or supports the analysis, design and development of learning products and programs that enhance the effectiveness of managers and teams to increase employee engagement, organization productivity, and customer satisfaction. Works independently or on small teams to create engaging, interactive, and impactful learning solutions, using proven adult learning and instructional design principles. Assesses learner and organizational needs through interviews, small group sessions, and on the job observation. May be involved directly in program implementation including facilitation and facilitation support.
• Collaborates with key stakeholders to identify gaps in skill-sets that can drive performance improvements.
• Designs and writes content for new learning interventions.
• Creates instructor-led and alternative learning solutions, including micro-learning products.
• Contributes to the design of the leadership and management curriculum that delivers continuous development from first line supervisor and up.
• Contributes in the development of training methodologies that measure the effectiveness of learning delivered to participants.
• May deliver instructor-led workshops as a member of the training team.
Auto req ID:
3 Years with Bachelors; 1 Year with Masters
NN SHIPBUILDING (0265)
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Integrated Missions Solutions, Nuclear and Environmental, and Oil and Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs nearly 37,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
No relocation assistance available
Newport News-Virginia-United States
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.
• Knowledgeable and experienced in applying adult learning principles.
• Development of creative and engaging training materials for an adult audience, in a variety of formats and media, to include facilitator/instructor and participant manuals and related collateral.
• Knowledgeable and functional in writing, including consistent and correct use of tense, grammar/spelling and terminology.
• Strong proof-reading skills to produce error-free documents.
• Proficient knowledge of recognized desktop publishing applications including layout and design (e.g., Publisher, In-Design, Photoshop, etc.).
• Knowledge of recognized web-authoring applications (e.g., Adobe Presenter, Adobe Premier, Captivate, etc.).
• Experience with multimedia and web design technologies as well as collaborative/social learning tools.
• Basic camera and video camera knowledge and experience.