Huntington Ingalls Industries END USER SUPPORT 3 in Newport News, Virginia
END USER SUPPORT 3
T54: Tech Services
External Job Description:
Newport News Shipbuilding a Division of Huntington Ingalls Industries is seeking an End User Support 3, to join our IT Technology Services team of highly qualified, diverse individuals, and take on projects/tasks critical to the growth and success of the company. This role offers a unique opportunity for candidates to take part in many different aspects of our business and have a direct affect in our success story.
The End User Executive Support position is responsible for providing oversight and management of executive services on and off campus to HII-NNS requiring IT facilitation or engagement. This individual is responsible for support to VP’s, Corporate Office and Board of Directors. This includes serving as a focal point for Board of Directors communications, managing all meeting logistics, and coordination/preparation of all necessary documents.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Strategically partners with VP’s and other Executives by assessing opportunities for optimum task execution.
• Serves as a liaison to the rest of organization.
• Uses creativity and problem solving skills to constantly improve processes driven from the vision of the executive.
• Exercises discretion and independent judgment required to analyze and deliver complex business information.
• Performs extensive project work in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Examples include providing logistical coordination.
• Provides informal leadership to Executive Assistants as needed to ensure adequate support and coordination of activities. Provides direction based on well-developed knowledge base for internal and external contacts, resources, projects and daily events.
• Exceptional written and verbal skills in order to develop and deliver clear and concise messages.
• Handle multiple projects or tasks while effectively prioritizing to meet deadlines.
• Technically savvy to be able to trouble-shoot PC and multi-media/VTC support related issues, which includes voice and data move/add/change activity, administrative and operational support for executive home offices, desktop, blackberry, cell phone support, and executive travel support.
• Working knowledge of WAN, LAN and conference room environments
Provides technical support to business area management and staffs for personal computer systems software, hardware and network connectivity. Installs, configures and troubleshoots desktop systems, workstations and network connectivity issues. May assign and maintain user passwords for specialized software.
Auto req ID:
End User Support 3
5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
NN SHIPBUILDING (0265)
Yes, 25% of the time
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Integrated Missions Solutions, Nuclear and Environmental, and Oil and Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs nearly 37,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
Relocation assistance will be available
Newport News-Virginia-United States
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Customer-focused and service-oriented with the ability to work independently
• Ability to improve effectiveness of the team through standardization of administrative processes, prioritization of activities, team project work, and recommendation of process improvements.
• Mastery of various word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, MS-Outlook, and database software, as well as, various office equipment and technologies.
• Highly organized and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to handle duties that often change on a daily basis, and the ability to multi-task.