U.S. Army Medical Command Secretary (Office Automation) in Fort Eustis, Virginia
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: This position is located at U.S. Army Medical Command at Fort Eustis, Virginia. The Family Health Clinic provides Primary Health Care Management Services for enrolled beneficiaries.
Fort Eustis is located in Newport News, Virginia between historic Williamsburg and Virginia Beach. Local Transportation via the Hampton Roads Transit (HRT) bus service to the surrounding area which includes Hampton, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake and Virginia Beach. There are convenient interstate and major highways connecting the city to the neighboring cities above plus York County, Gloucester, Suffolk, and Smithfield. The Hampton Roads/Tidewater area has all the conveniences of a big city with charm of small town and rural areas.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Serves as the Administrative Assistant to the Deputy Commander for Clinical Services, Deputy Commander for Nursing and Patient Support Services, and Health Center Sargent Major at McDonald Army Health Center.
- Responsible for the administrative coordination and execution of supervisor's policies, plans, and responses to outside requirements for 30 clinical services under the Deputy Commander for Clinical Services command.
- Prepares and reviews a myriad of correspondence(s), (i.e. letters, reports, instructions and memorandum, etc.), assuring correct grammar, capitalization, spelling, punctuation, and format
- Maintains schedules and calendar to ensure availability and attendance of executive officials
- Reviews and approves/disapproves travel authorizations and payment vouchers
- Occasional Travel
- Business travel may be up to 5%
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Status Candidates, VEOA, ICTAP, Military Spouses
Questions? This job is open to 3 groups.
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes performing a variety of administrative support duties in support of a clinic or medical facility; utilizing the Defense Travel System, or other automated travel system, to prepare or review travel documents; preparing medical correspondence and memoranda using correct grammar and format; and utilizing Microsoft Office applications to prepare correspondence, reports and other documents. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-06).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Computer Skills
- Management Support
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-06).
Other Requirements: Click herefor expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- A Qualified Typist is Required.
- Position requires a non-sensitive security clearance.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Review our benefits
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 51 position.
- This position has promotion potential to the GS-08.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474587400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-07-17 to 2017-07-26
Salary: $40,684 to $52,893 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 7
Series: 0318 Secretary
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time
Job announcement number: SCER171516074878
Control number: 474587400