Macy's Retail Maintenance Engineer 2, Full Time: Chesapeake, VA, Macy’s Greenbrier Mall in Chesapeake, Virginia
* * * Job Overview: *
The Engineer is responsible for maintaining the physical structure and equipment of the store in good working order. Other responsibilities include performing preventative maintenance and emergency, corrective and routine repairs in electrical, mechanical, fire/life safety, plumbing, and HVAC equipment. Maintain effective communication with the Chief Engineer and Store Management.
Essential Functions: *
- Maintain HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fire/life safety systems and associated equipment to maximize efficiency levels
- Perform emergency, corrective and routine repairs of HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fire/life safety systems and associated equipment
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment and systems per the schedule
- Maintain routine records of all inspections, preventive maintenance and repairs performed on any equipment or system to ensure compliance with state and federal agencies and local fire marshal regulations.
- Maintain EPA Universal Certification and knowledge of all current legislation and requirements as they relate to EPA Regulations and the South Coast Air Quality Management District Regulations pertaining to “CFC” and refrigerant handling laws
- Work day, evening, night, weekends, and as required by emergency situations when directed by the Chief Engineer or Area Director
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Perform other duties as needed
- Follows shortage programs and procedures
- Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Education/Experience: *
• Minimum of one year of related experience. In-depth knowledge of HVAC systems, with EPA certification and license. Strong knowledge and experience in electrical systems, plumbing, mechanical equipment, and the maintenance of this equipment. Must possess a working knowledge of personnel safety and safety engineering codes.
Communication Skills: *
- * • Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Mathematical Skills: *
- * • Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator.
Reasoning Ability: *
• Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
- Physical Demands: *
- * • This position involves constant moving and standing. Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours. Involves lifting at least 30 lbs. May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders. May involve reaching above eye level. • Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Other Skills: *
- * • Must be able to sit and drive for at least one hour at a time. Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team. Must possess a strong sense of urgency. • Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
Work Hours: *
• Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Chesapeake - VA
Job: Facilities and Building Maintenance
Req ID: 71154197