BCD Travel Registration Manager in Chesapeake, Virginia
Requisition #: USAME-12909
Position Type: Full Time - Temporary
Work Countries: United States
Work Cities: Virtual US
Do you want to work with bright, talented individuals who take pride in their work and also know how to have fun?!
You’ve come to the right place. BCD Meetings & Events is one of the leading global providers of meetings, group incentive travel and creative services for some of the world's biggest brands. Our unique difference is that we bring together resources at a local level, centralize processes on a regional level and leverage our global presence to deliver the value and results our clients set out to achieve.We work collaboratively, creatively, and passionately – and look to hire experts who do the same.We are headquartered in Chicago, withlocations in 50+ countries across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific – a combined global work force of more than 1,100 resources and annual sales volume of approximately $992 million.
We are an independentlymanaged operating company of BCD Holdings N.V. and a sister organization of BCD Travel, the world's third-largest travel management company. We are proud of that. We are also one of the best places to work because of our fundamental commitment to our employees. To find out more about our company, visit us at http://www.bcdme.com/ .
The Registration Manager is responsible for all aspects of attendee management including: rooming list management, attendee management, operations team support, and on-site meeting support, for a high volume of meetings.
· Become efficient user of Meeting Management tool.
· Understand aspects of website design, understanding system capabilities and reporting parameters to ensure data is captured appropriately for reporting purposes.
· Work within the registration website technology to manage thresholds for arrival/departure parameters, room blocks, room block changes, activities, roommate assignments, data capture and reporting.
· Upload all required up-to-date reports to the meeting profile within customer meeting management technology.
· Understanding of registration process, client expectations, deliverables and due dates, reporting requirements, rooming list due dates, air and ground services required for meetings assigned.
· Understand contract obligations with regard to rooming list due dates and cut-off dates and ensure proper communication with Planning Manager and hotels.
· Manage all aspects of the room block including; room types, number of rooms blocked, arrival/departure deviations, upgrades, VIPs, staff rooms and other room block obligations.
· Communicate rooming list report, special requests, payment type and rooming list changes directly to hotel within contract deadlines.
· Attendee Management Support to include attendee questions, travel deviations, and special requests. Work with the Planning Manager and client to respond to attendee needs in a timely manner.
· Compare rooming lists with air and/or ground manifests and manage discrepancies.
· Manage air and/or ground manifests with rooming lists and communicate changes to Planning Manager and ground vendor.
Operations Team Support:
· Provide Planning Manager and/or client with all final reports for on-site execution.
· Assist Planning Managers and Project Accountants with hotel invoice review with regard to the room charges.
· Manage high volume of events simultaneously.
· Adhere to all deadlines, turn-around times, and standard operating procedures
· Attend team and departmental meetings.
· Develop and maintain relationships with meeting contacts to ensure best-in-class service.
· Occasional onsite help with program operation.
· Treat colleagues, employees, and suppliers with respect and dignity.
· Responsible for protecting confidential information of BCD M&E and Client.
· Conduct oneself in a professional and approachable manner at all times.
· Work independently in the absence of supervision.
· Assume and perform other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, as requested.
Previous meeting planning, hotel sales, and/or catering/convention services experience managing programs independently.
Knowledge of Cvent Meeting Management technology preferred
Direct client relations experience
Proficient in Microsoft Office with emphasis on strong Excel capabilities
Google for business experience helpful
Relational database and/or Access database experience helpful
College Degree preferred
Travel industry and destination knowledge
Ability to quickly adapt to and learn new technology interfaces
Flexible to work outside normal business hours and weekends as necessary.
Field of Interest Category: Groups
Percent of Travel: 25-50%
Languages Required: English