ABBTECH Professional Resources, Inc. Gear Box Product Manager - Verona, VA in Chesapeake, Virginia
Primarily responsible for directly tracking and analyzing new and ongoing GB orders, implementing production changes as required, managing shop staff, and meeting production objectives.
· Applies knowledge of GB production processes, equipment and system capability to set challenging individual and facility standards within the shop.
· Manage Warehouse, Shipping, Receiving, Machining and Assembly personnel.
· Works closely with planners to schedule and plan production based on material and capacity availability within the GB Center of Excellence.
· Determines and oversees production and shipment goals.
· Responsible for the effective use of personnel, material and equipment in supporting SMA initiatives.
· Contributes to inventory control activities by controlling physical warehouse inventory.
· Expedites flow of materials, parts, and assemblies within or between departments in accordance with production and shipping schedules.
· Supports and promotes lean manufacturing initiatives.
· Maintains shop performance metrics to ensure goals are met.
· Achieve performance standards with regards to safety, line utilization and quality.
· Schedules and implements staff training /cross training.
· Creates and implements equipment, tooling, and facility maintenance schedules.
· Addresses problems and issues with personnel when they occur.
· Builds a performance-driven culture through coaching, succession planning, and talent development.
· Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Management, or a related discipline or equivalent experience.
· Seven (7) years of production planning/control experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
· Experience in creating production schedules and maintaining production orders.
· Strong working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles and Six Sigma concepts.
· Experience working as a cross-functional team member in supporting production, cost savings initiatives, quality/complaint investigations and other supply chain related activities; and experience in resolving inventory discrepancies.
· Excellent problem solving, communication, team-building and interpersonal skills.
· Shows demonstrated computer proficiency: Microsoft Office.
· Demonstrates ability to function successfully in a fast paced, changing work environment.
Work Conditions and Physical Environment:
Must have the ability to sit for extended periods of time; exhibit manual dexterity to dial a telephone, to enter data into a computer terminal/typewriter; to see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; physical agility to lift up to 50 pounds. Some duties may be performed in an industrial environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
ABBTECH is an EOE/Minorities/Women/Disabled Individuals/Veterans